It can sometimes seem like trying to navigate a maze when it comes to knowing which welfare benefits you’re entitled to, and how best to go about claiming them.

Our free, dedicated welfare benefits advice service is here to help, wherever you are in the UK. Our service is tailored to provide the appropriate advice and support for people with Spinal Cord Injury, to ensure you’re getting all of the help you’re entitled to.

We can help with:

  • Answers to general welfare benefit questions
  • Expert advice on all welfare benefit matters for people with Spinal Cord Injury
  • Support in completing forms and online applications
  • Preparation of evidence and advocacy at appeal

Changing from Disability Living Allowance (DLA) to Personal Independence Payment (PIP) leaflet

We have produced a leaflet with useful tips and general information about changing from DLA to PIP and how to complete the claim form.

Download the leaflet, or request a copy by calling our Welfare Benefits Advice Service on 020 8420 6711.

You can also read our article for advice about the emotional impact of claiming PIP.

To talk to a specialist Welfare Benefits Advisor call 020 8420 6711 or email [email protected].

Alternatively, the links below offer a quick guide to the various welfare benefits available and will also tell you where to go for the necessary paperwork or more information.

Disability Benefits
Find out about the disability benefits you may be eligible for if you have a spinal cord injury.

Access to Work
More information about Access to Work.

Unable to work
Read about the types of Employment Support Allowances available if you’re unable to work due to a spinal cord injury.

Universal Credit
Find our more about the new Universal Credit.

Housing Benefits
Read more about the benefits available to help with housing costs.

Out of work
Help with what to do if you are out of work because of a spinal cord injury.

Carer's Benefits
Find out about benefits available to carers of people with spinal cord injury.

Welfare Benefits FAQs 
Answers to frequently asked questions about welfare benefits.

Case study
Read case studies of people that our advisors have helped.